A new visa agreement for the Greek and Australian youth has came into effect as of July 1st.
The program is based on the Memorandum of Understanding between the Governments of Greece and Australia on a ”Work and Holiday” Visa Arrangement, signed in Canberra in 2014.
As the Greek Foreign Ministry notes, the agreement provides for simplified procedures so that 500 young Greek and Australian citizens, aged 18 to 31, may have the opportunity to travel and work in each other’s countries for up to 12 months, under the condition that they satisfy following conditions:
• They should not have previously participated in a program for the Youth Mobility (Work and Holiday) or in a program for Work Holidays in Greece,
• They should have a degree of tertiary education or have successfully completed at least two years undergraduate university studies,
• They should have adequate living resources for their personal expenses,
• They cannot be employed by one employer for more than six months, unless the appropriate permit is granted,
• During their stay in Greece they are not allowed to take part in studies or training for more than four months,
• The main purpose of the program is recreation and the work should be appendant to the recreation.