Holy Church of ‘The Annunciation of Our Lady’ Celebrated March 25th With Glory

Annunciation Church

The Holy Church of “The Annunciation of Our Lady”, one of Melbourne’s oldest churches and the second Greek-Orthodox church that was founded in Australia, gloriously celebrated March 25th.

The festivities started on the March 24, when a big crowd of faithfuls came to the church on 186 Victoria Pde, Melbourne East, in order to participate with joy, love and awe in the holy celebration.

In relation to the celebration, a holy mass was carried out with the participation of Bishop Ezekiel of Dervi, as well as many more priests, representatives of the Council of the Greek Community and of course, the attendees.

On the day of the Annunciation (March 25th), a Festive Holy Mass was held by Bishop Iakovos, in which Greece’s Ambassador to Melbourne was present, as well as Thessaloniki’s Regional Vice Governor and Olympic athlete Voula Patoulidou. In addition, there were members of the dance group of the Greek Community dressed in the national uniforms to celebrate the historical anniversary of Greece’s Revolution in 1821 as well as two “tsoliades” who were standing by the gate of the church.

After the holy mass, there was dinner in the restaurant “Melina on the rooftop” – located on the top floor of the Community’s new building – which aimed to assist financially several programs of the Church.